#103: You’ve inherited £5 million, with instructions that you must give it all away — but you can choose any organisations you like to be the beneficiaries. Where does the money go?
This is a tough one as there are so many organisations I would like to help. However, in no particular order of importance or preference, I would give equal amounts of £1 million each to the following charities:
* Help for Heroes: this charity speaks for itself and I believe we, as a country, will never be able to thank them enough for the tremendous bravery and courage they have shown.
* Sense: this is a charity who help and support individuals with deafblindness and their families, in order for them to have as much independence as possible. I don’t think anyone could even begin to comprehend how terrifying and confusing it must be, not being able to see or hear a thing.
* Cancer Research: this will always be a charity close to my heart and until we find a cure, I will never stop donating and raising money to help find it quicker. Who doesn’t want to invest in the futures of their loved ones?!
* The Rainforest Foundation UK: I know I harp on about Palm Oil usage quite often, but it really is a very serious problem. Companies are building these plantations at the expense of our rainforest, destroying both habitats and all the beautiful creatures which live there. Shockingly, 7 million acres of rainforest has already been destroyed for these disgusting plantations and it doesn’t appear to be slowing. It only costs £25 to protect one acre of land… so why not give up that morning coffee for a few weeks and donate the money saved to protect and again, invest in the future of this planet!
* Shelter: I find it very upsetting when I see people sleeping rough around London, especially when all I can give them is a meal – I can’t even imagine how terrifying it must be. We’re all human beings who have the right to live, so why should some have to suffer out in the cold, when others live above their means in huge mansions?! We need to do more to protect these vulnerable people.