I read today’s blog post a couple of hours ago and still can’t think of what to write. I’m sure I’m jealous of the same things many others are… people who have proper paying jobs, being able to afford to live independently (even in a flat share – I’m not fussy!), having the motivation to stick to regular gym sessions etc etc. But then I thought, everyone’s life has its positives too – I’ve got a loving family and a bed to sleep in at night.
So instead, since I haven’t done this in a while, it’s time to rebel! I’m going to share five fascinating facts about animals that have adapted to suit their environment…
– Camels have the ability to drink up to 145 litres in one go!
– As everyone knows, owls have an excellent range of motion for their heads. But, supposedly, this is because their eyes are too big to move from side to side or up and down!
– Most vultures have bald heads so that eating dead animals is less messy!
– A scorpion can’t sting itself; it’s immune to its own venom!
– Hippos don’t sweat but instead secretive a red fluid from their skin that keeps the animals moist and shields the suns rays!
Facts courtesy of National Geographic Kids’ 5,000 Awesome Facts [About Everything!]