I have a feeling that this is going to be a tricky prompt… ten I could have managed but 20 facts just about me?! Well, here goes:
I’m addicted to RuPaul’s Drag Race and love pretty much all of the queens that have walked through the ‘You Better Werk’ room doors.
My favourite colour is duck egg blue.
I own more pairs of socks than I care to admit.
I’m a bit of a Netflix addict – entire mornings can disappear if I’m not careful.
I love singing and dancing.
When I’m at home, I’m often found in pyjama’s… I mean what’s the point in wearing your outdoor clothes, indoors?!
I began and completed WordPress’ 365 Days of Writing Prompts challenge in 2014.
People find it odd that I don’t drink tea or coffee…
If money was no object, I’d go to see a West End theatre show every single week.
I have a very close family, which means the world to me, and am even related to Howard Carter, the guy who discovered Tutankhamun’s tomb.
My Great Nan reached 104 and a half years young… the half is very important at that age.
I’m obsessed with Mi backpacks. So far, I’ve got a peacock feather one, a gumball one, a galaxy print one, a duck egg blue polka dot backpack and one with elephants all over it.
I’m commonly found wearing Converse hi-tops… wearing heels is for special occasions.
For RuPaul’s BOTS, I temporarily dyed my hair blue. I loved it so much that I’m planning to dye it permanently blue – hopefully two tone, using cobalt and duck egg blue (of course!)
Through my last job, I was sent on press trips to Iceland (Ice Age 4: Continental Drift), Norway (How To Train Your Dragon 2) and Slovenia (Postojna Cave), interviewed a robotic cockatoo (Nigel from Rio 2, with actor Jemaine Clement in another room) and even photographed the stars of TV on the red carpet at the National Television Awards.
I have a BA (Hons) in Human Resource Management.
I love afternoon tea… especially quirky ones such a Spanish or Thai themed.
Working in children’s media means that I get to see many of the new films before they hit the cinemas and I’m a big kid who loves everything Disney, so I end up enjoying every single screening… sometimes even more than the kids that are actually there.
I love unicorns, rainbows and mermaids. I even wanted to be a mermaid growing up… still do!
Primates are my favourite animals (well, and dolphins and marine life of course), but I’ve been lucky enough to meet the famous Primatologist, Dr Jane Goodall three times and even helped her present awards.
#184: Tell us something most people probably don’t know about you.
Hmmm… this is pretty tricky as after 183 posts, there probably isn’t much that I haven’t mentioned!
I have a 2:1 in Human Resource Management… I probably haven’t mentioned that as it’s just too boring!
I love Disney films and when I was younger (as in 6 or 7), I wanted to be a mermaid but was devastated to find out it wasn’t possible. Thanks Walt…
I’m hoping to move into London before this year’s out. I love London with a passion – we used to always visit during he school holidays (mostly to go to the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum, or more rarely see a west end theatre show), so have always had fond memories of the capital. To live in the heart of it all would be a dream come true… and it wouldn’t mean I’d have to worry about the last train home at 11pm!
#105: Who doesn’t love a list? So write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
I LOVE making (and of course completing) lists! And it’s because I love lists so much, that I’m struggling to decide what to write my list on…
After much deliberation, I’ve decided to write my top five achievements so far in life (I was going to write my five favourite restaurants but that’s not as fun).
1) Conquering the mighty junket: I’ve realised that I love interviewing people – which others have said could be down to the fact that I enjoy learning about other people’s life experiences (and taking inspiration from them), but to have the confidence to do it on camera… ’nuff said. Which is why it deserves a place on my list!
2) Passing my driving test, with a mean downhill left reverse (My list wouldn’t be complete without this victorious day!).
3) Teaching myself how to edit junket interviews: recently I interviewed Nigel, the resident baddie from Rio 2, voiced by Jemaine Clement (who was in another room at the time, voicing the robot cockatoo). Since no one in the team knows how to edit junkets (my brother edited my Iceland ones), I was in charge of piecing together the two streams of video and I’m quite pleased to announce, it turned out very well!
4) Achieving a 2:1 in my degree even though during my final year, I was in and out of hospital (due to a reoccurring stomach virus, which thankfully was a one time thing and hasn’t affected me since).
5) Multi-tasking jobs: so not only am I the Editorial and Marketing Assistant at NG Kids, but I’m also frequently the Events Manager and the Editor of NG Kids ALiVE! I also recently took the role of proofreader, too, which I’ve really enjoyed.