#105: Who doesn’t love a list? So write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
I LOVE making (and of course completing) lists! And it’s because I love lists so much, that I’m struggling to decide what to write my list on…
After much deliberation, I’ve decided to write my top five achievements so far in life (I was going to write my five favourite restaurants but that’s not as fun).
1) Conquering the mighty junket: I’ve realised that I love interviewing people – which others have said could be down to the fact that I enjoy learning about other people’s life experiences (and taking inspiration from them), but to have the confidence to do it on camera… ’nuff said. Which is why it deserves a place on my list!
2) Passing my driving test, with a mean downhill left reverse (My list wouldn’t be complete without this victorious day!).
3) Teaching myself how to edit junket interviews: recently I interviewed Nigel, the resident baddie from Rio 2, voiced by Jemaine Clement (who was in another room at the time, voicing the robot cockatoo). Since no one in the team knows how to edit junkets (my brother edited my Iceland ones), I was in charge of piecing together the two streams of video and I’m quite pleased to announce, it turned out very well!
4) Achieving a 2:1 in my degree even though during my final year, I was in and out of hospital (due to a reoccurring stomach virus, which thankfully was a one time thing and hasn’t affected me since).
5) Multi-tasking jobs: so not only am I the Editorial and Marketing Assistant at NG Kids, but I’m also frequently the Events Manager and the Editor of NG Kids ALiVE! I also recently took the role of proofreader, too, which I’ve really enjoyed.
#49: Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
1. I have an unhealthy relationship with being organised. I can’t stand bad planning so I will always make sure that if I have any say or control in something, I will ensure that everything has been thought of and meticulously planned.
2. My love for reading and writing. If I’m not found writing my blog posts, you’ll find me reading. Whether it be a book, an email or various news stories – I’m forever learning through reading!
3. The world really is my oyster. Working for a kids magazine, I’ve been able to gain experience in being the Editorial Assistant, Marketing Assistant, Events Manager and the Manager of NG Kids Alive all at once! I hadn’t quite realised just how good I am at multi-tasking, so it’s certainly given me a confidence boost and shown me that if I put my mind to it, I can do anything.
4. My thirst for knowledge. I always want to learn more about everything. As an example, on the weekend that’s just gone, I was managing the company’s stand at The Telegraph’s Outdoor Travel and Adventure Show at the ExCeL in London and Nick Spellman the AnimalMan joined us. I was forever asking him about his animals as I just wanted to know as much as I possibly could.
5. My slight obsession with watching The Big Bang Theory. I couldn’t write six things without including this one! I’ll happily watch seasons 1-6 back to back as they’re always so funny no matter how many times I’ve seen them. Plus they’re only 25 or so minutes long, so can be playing in the background so to speak whilst completing other tasks.
6. Finally, I guess an outsider would comment on my close knit family. I know it’s not exactly unique, exciting or odd but I’ve always known how lucky I was to have a close and supportive family.