#188: If you could live a nomadic life, would you? Where would you go? How would you decide? What would life be like without a “home base”?
Ugh. Press day! Don’t get me wrong, I love the increased responsibility of proofreading the magazine from cover to cover and seeing my suggested changes being used, I just wish my job title would reflect the work I actually do. Anyway, back to topic, this is why my post is being published so late today – I didn’t get a lunch break/a spare five minutes to write it, so I may have to start writing them the night before…
So prompt 188… As much as I’d like to lead a nomadic lifestyle, I have too many sentimental objects in my life to not have a home base. Plus, if I put things like that into storage in order to travel, potentially abroad, I’d forever worry about if my locker (or whatever they’re referred to) was safe and not ransacked, burnt or flooded. I know. I worry too much about certain physical possessions. But hey, who knows what the future holds – I could be living out of a single backpack by the end of the year!
#105: Who doesn’t love a list? So write one! Top five slices of pizza in your town, ten reasons disco will never die, the three secrets to happiness — go silly or go deep, just go list-y.
I LOVE making (and of course completing) lists! And it’s because I love lists so much, that I’m struggling to decide what to write my list on…
After much deliberation, I’ve decided to write my top five achievements so far in life (I was going to write my five favourite restaurants but that’s not as fun).
1) Conquering the mighty junket: I’ve realised that I love interviewing people – which others have said could be down to the fact that I enjoy learning about other people’s life experiences (and taking inspiration from them), but to have the confidence to do it on camera… ’nuff said. Which is why it deserves a place on my list!
2) Passing my driving test, with a mean downhill left reverse (My list wouldn’t be complete without this victorious day!).
3) Teaching myself how to edit junket interviews: recently I interviewed Nigel, the resident baddie from Rio 2, voiced by Jemaine Clement (who was in another room at the time, voicing the robot cockatoo). Since no one in the team knows how to edit junkets (my brother edited my Iceland ones), I was in charge of piecing together the two streams of video and I’m quite pleased to announce, it turned out very well!
4) Achieving a 2:1 in my degree even though during my final year, I was in and out of hospital (due to a reoccurring stomach virus, which thankfully was a one time thing and hasn’t affected me since).
5) Multi-tasking jobs: so not only am I the Editorial and Marketing Assistant at NG Kids, but I’m also frequently the Events Manager and the Editor of NG Kids ALiVE! I also recently took the role of proofreader, too, which I’ve really enjoyed.