On 5 June, thousands of people around the globe will celebrate World Environment Day – a United Nations day that seeks to encourage worldwide awareness and action towards the protection of our environment. But what does the environment mean to you and how can we all work together to save it?Continue reading “World Environment Day: working today for a brighter tomorrow”
What do you do when you see waste littering the beach? Do you leave it where you found it since you didn’t put it there in the first place, do you pick it up and carry it around with you until you find a bin or do you simply wish that there was a group event to help tackle such a huge problem? Well, I have great news Continue reading “Get involved with this year’s Big Spring Beach Clean”
Firstly, thank you so very much to the fabulous Bepresentyoga for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I still can’t quite get my head around it! Secondly, when I started my blog at the beginning of the year, I could never have imagined that I could be nominated for any awards… I just hoped that a few people would read and hopefully enjoy the content I was producing.
A little bit about the award… It is an award that is given to bloggers by bloggers and has German origins, with Liebster translating as ‘dearest’. I’ve read that some bloggers unfortunately see this as an irritating chain mail style award, but I couldn’t think of any better way to give fantastic blogs the recognition they deserve! If Bepresentyoga hadn’t nominated me, it would certainly have been one of the blogs that I would have nominated, as it truly is one to check out! The rules to this award are as follows:
1) Thank the blogger who gives it to you.
2) Answer the eleven questions he/she asks.
3) Nominate eleven bloggers with less than 500 followers.
4) Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
5) Let these bloggers know that you have nominated them.
The following questions are the ones that I have been asked to answer. Here goes…
1) If you could change careers and start a brand new one tomorrow, what would you do?
Without a shadow of a doubt, it would be a career as a Wedding Planner/Events Manager! It was always an equally split decision between working in magazines/publishing/writing-of-some-sort and going into the wedding planning industry. I can’t quite remember why I chose my editorial path over the other but I’m so glad I did, as not only do I get to work on the editorial team but I’m also the Events Manager from time to time! I’ve got the best of both worlds!
2) You win a 2 week vacation, all expenses paid. Where would you go?
Hmmm this one’s tricky! This is equally split between working with Orangutans in Borneo, working with Gorillas and Chimpanzees in Africa or going to Egypt to enter Tutankhamun’s original tomb (not this false one they’re going to build in order to preserve the original) and retracing Howard Carter’s steps in the lead up to his famous discovery!
3) You’ve been given one super power. What would you choose?
I was trying to think of one that could help others, for example be able to heal all illnesses… but then I started thinking about how there would then be too many people to fit on Earth etc etc. So instead, selfish I know, but I’d love the ability to breath under water unaided. Ever since I was little (thanks to the Disney classic which is The Little Mermaid), I’ve had a fascination with what’s under the water… all of the dolphins, turtles, coral etc and I’d love nothing more than to swim freely under the water without a hefty gas tank strapped to me!
4 & 5) You have the opportunity to create a cure for one disease. What would it be and why?
Hands down, cancer. It’s just a vicious pain in the backside and it needs to be kicked to the kerb. Bring on next months Race for Life!
6) You could have dinner and discussion with anyone living or dead. Who would you choose?
The Queen. Or the cast of The Big Bang Theory (more specifically Jim Parsons aka Sheldon Cooper)!
7) Favourite movie?
Annoyingly, I don’t have one favourite 😦 I never have. Although I would say anything from Disney/Pixar or DC Marvel.
8) Favorite childhood memory?
Going to Disneyworld in Florida… I just looooove Disney!
9) If you could make a living writing on any topic. What topic would you choose?
Holiday destinations/events. Just writing about fun, inspiring or daredevil things that everyone should have a go at, would be super cool. I’m happy to be a guinea pig, testing them all out!
10) Why did you start your blog?
I wanted to improve my writing ability and become part of a community, so that I could learn even more from people around the world.
11) You have the chance to guest star on your favorite tv show. Which show would you pick?
The Big Bang Theory. Easy peasy!
The next step of this award required me to nominate 11 of my favourite blogs. This was super hard to choose as all of the blogs I follow are amazing in their own way. That said, my chosen 11 are:
The following questions are for the above nominees… Enjoy!
1) If you could be any TV/film character, who would you be?
2) What is your special/hidden talent?
3) What is the first thing on your bucket list?
4) You win big on the lottery (over a million) but you’ve been told that you can only spend it on three things. What are they?
5) What is the best book you’ve ever read?
6) If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
7 & 8) If you have a role model, who is it and why do you look up to them?
9) What has been your proudest moment in life so far? (Either in yourself or someone else)
10) Tell us your favourite joke.
11) What is your biggest phobia (if you have one)?
I hope that my nominees thoroughly enjoy this award nomination 😀