This year, I completed a highly sought after social media course called #SMSpouses – a training programme specifically for spouses and partners of British serving personnel. After being selected to be part of the second cohort, I embarked on the 12-week journey not knowing that it would spark a love of creating content and managing social media campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
During the three-month course, I both expanded on and learnt how to:
- Create effective and engaging social media campaigns;
- Design social media adverts;
- Understand algorithms and analyse engagement statistics;
- Capture high-quality images;
- Apply graphic design techniques to make eye-catching visual content;
- Create professionally edited videos using a smartphone.
If you are a British military spouse or partner and want to find out more, click here.